Welcome to Maine Oktoberfest 2019
The York Region and Ogunquit Chambers of Commerce are pleased to announce a variety of events in southern Maine in October. In addition to events and activities made available through individual businesses, and non-profits, the combined chambers are producing community-wide events.
Shop Until You Drop!
Short Sands Beach End of Season Sales takes place every year during Columbus Day weekend, 10 – 4pm , Saturday – Monday. Shop additional sales in Kittery, Ogunquit & Cape Neddick.
The goal of this event is to increase awareness of our artistic heritage and our region’s proliferation of antique shops. A list of local galleries, museums and antique shops will be available on this page and at both the York and Ogunquit chambers of commerce beginning October 1. 2019 Art & Antiquefest Participant Sign-up Form
2018 PARTICIPATING SHOPS AND ARTISTS: 2019 Participants will be updated as applications are processed.
- Audrey Gottlieb Photography: 226 York St, 2nd Floor, York. Unique dioramas & memory boxes, collectible items, photographs, greeting cards and sculptural assemblages. Hours: Mon-Fri by appointment or chance, Sat & Sun 9am-3pm.
- The Clown: 659 US Rte 1, York. Eclectic array of wine, art, antiques and gifts. Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm (Thurs til 7pm).
- David Sullivan Photography: At Spoiled Rotten, 27 Beach St, Ogunquit. Featuring the photography of local artist David Sullivan. Hours: Weekdays: 10am-6pm. Weekends: 10am-8pm.
- George Marshall Store Gallery of Old York: 140 Lindsay Rd, York. Two Exhibitions: “Maine Dutch Masters” and “Tap Root”. Hours: Wed-Sat 10am-4pm. Sun 1-4pm.
- The Green Heron: 16 Shore Rd, Ogunquit. Artist owned; 30+ New England artists & fine craftspeople. Discover original paintings, sculptures, mosaics, pottery, glass, wood & jewelry. Receive a ceramic heart, representing your love of art & Ogunquit. Hours: Daily 10am-6pm.
- Haley Art Gallery: 178 Haley Rd, Kittery. Representing many Maine artists. Visit for special sales. Hours: Thurs-Sat 11am-6pm.
- Hidden Treasures: 26 US Rte 1, York. Group antique & collectible shop consignment, vendor space rentals. Hours: Daily 10am-6pm.
- Hutchins Antiques Etc: 166 Main St, Ogunquit. Eclectic mix of vintage & antique finds from 65 dealers. Hours: Daily 10am-4:45pm.
- Jack Duford ~ Fine Images: 35 Constance Ln, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit. Nautical giclee prints from the Maine Coast. 10% off when you mention Art & Antiquefest. Hours: Daily 10am-4pm.
- Just Us Chickens Gallery: 156A State Rd, Kittery. Artists’ co-op with unique locally hatched hand-crafted arts. Oct 6: Outdoor Artist Market, 11am-3pm. Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-5:30pm.
- Kittery Art Association: 8 Coleman Ave, Kittery Point. Ongoing exhibits in our gallery. “En Plein Air” All-member exhibit Thurs, Oct 11 to Sun, Nov 4. *Opening Reception: Sun, Oct 14, 4-6pm. Hours: Thurs 2-5pm, Sat-Sun 11am-5pm.
- Ogunquit Heritage Museum: 86 Obed’s Ln, Ogunquit. OHM collects, preserves, and exhibits items & documents related to Ogunquit’s heritage. Free admission. Donations gratefully accepted. Hours: Tues-Sat 1-5pm.
- Ogunquit Museum of American Art: 543 Shore Rd, Ogunquit. Extensive collection of American Art, on-going special exhibitions, extraordinary gardens & sculptures, all overlooking the ocean. Hours: Daily 10am-5pm.
- Scully Gallery: 116-1 Perkins Cove Rd, Ogunquit. Fine art gallery featuring original paintings by Fran Scully. Mention this ad to receive 10% off. Hours: Daily 10am-5pm.
- Sea Glass & Shore: 161 Main St, Ogunquit. Artist demonstration & workshop. Meet the artist, gallery reception. 25% off sea glass & sea pottery, jewelry & sculpture. 10% off stained glass. Hours: Thurs-Fri 12-5pm, Sat 10am-6pm.
- Sea Rose Gallery: 325 Long Beach Ave, York. Oils & watercolors by Helen Rose Hennessey. 25% sale on all framed paintings. Hours: Daily 12-5pm.
- The Shops at Cape Neddick: 1300 US Rte 1, Cape Neddick. Specialty boutique mall comprised of numerous shops featuring daily artists. Hours: Daily 10am-6pm.
- The Village Gallery: 244 York St, York. Fine art gallery. Featuring paintings, pastels, pottery, sculpture, photography, fine furniture & more. Hours: Mon & Thurs 11am – 4:30pm; Fri 11am-5pm; Sat 11am-4pm; Sun 10:30am-3pm.